I'm not gonna lie, 2011 had its ups and downs. On the whole it was awesome because, well because I am awesome and so is my family. We were pretty much broke the whole year, but having a family on one income is not the norm these days, and there is a reason for that. Not that I would have it any other way. Jennifer is way better at raising my kids than a day care is. That might not hold true for everybody. Actually it would. Jenn could raise anybody's kids better than a day-care.
My job is holding steady at its current level of awesomeness. I get to basically draw pictures for a living. You can't beat that. Well, I guess I could get to have sex for a living, but from what I understand, most people in the sex industry are a bit broken.
Away we go:
• We had a new baby! Jillian Marie came along in August, and we couldn't be happier. We love her. The boys love her. The dogs love her. Basically everybody thinks she's the bee's knees. They are right think this.
• I entered my 36th year.
• Jackson, his 6th
• Joe his 4th (just a few days ago)
• Jennifer her 26th. Again. I don't know how she does that.
• I got hella plagiarized.
• Got into a fight with some tattooed miscreants.
• Spent almost the whole summer at the pool, and did not get a tan or loose any weight.
• On that note, I didn't loose any of the weight I promised myself I would.
• Joseph started a 3 year old program at Channing. He loves it.
• Jackson started Kindergarten at a language immersion school, and is excelling in every way. He's far exceeded the teacher's expectations. So much so, that he gets extra homework. Woo hoo! Extra homework!
• Jennifer has become very active in the PTA, to the surprise of absolutely no one.
• I did not change positions at work, nor did we move into a different house. This is actually kind out of the norm for us.
• What we did instead is an awful lot of small but significant work on the house. The sucker is shaping up nicely.
• A lot of very good television was made this year. I watched a lot of it.
• I went to the movies a total of three times. A new low.
• After a pretty wobbly financial state for most of the year, I finally feel like I have my shit together. It was a hard slog, and I could not have done it without the help of a few very awesome people.
• I went to get a physical for the first time in many many years. There were some problems that stem mainly from me being a fat ass. I also found out I have an honest to god syndrome!
So looking into 2012, I think we will kick some serious bottom. Jack will enter 6th grade, and Joe will start pre-k at the same school Jackson goes to. He can. Not. Wait. It's all he talks about. Well, not all, but a lot.
I do hope to get back into this blogging thing. I may start a new one, even.