Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Fabrisuck

Okay, so I applied for this print shop job through a temp agency, and they tell me to come down and fill some shit out. When I get there, they say that they gave that job away already, but have this other job that they think I can do. It is in the design dept of that fabric place of blogs past. I say fine. They want me to start the next day. I say I can't, cause I have a job and it would be rude to just leave. I say I can be out in a week. they say fine, come back in six days to fill some shit out. So I tell the coffee shop, and they're all upset, but wish me good luck. I get to the temp place and they tell me that the company gave that job away. But there might be another one open in that dept in the next week or so. Good thing I quit that job. She calls me the next day and tells me I can start the next day. Good. I get there, and they tell me that they gave that job to someone else, and they'll just put me in the warehouse till something opens up. Okay, same pay, less demanding work, no prob. After abut two weeks, they offer me a promotion to the "cutting" dept whatever that is. I say fine. They tell me to come in the next day at 10:00 instead of 8:00. I ask if that is the shift hours always, and they say yes. I tell them that might be a prob, as I have baby classes in the evenings. They say okay, and that they will get someone else, but if one opens up, they'll let me know. That was on friday. Sunday night, the temp place calls and says that the company has cancelled my contract, as I cannot work the required hours. How fucked up is that? They tell me not to go in anymore, and to bring my badgr back in and they'll try to get me this other job at a print shop. When I go in, they are total asses to me, and act like it's MY fault that they didn't put me in the right job, or tell me that the hours would change whenever they felt like it. I ask about the print job and they blow me off and tell me that they will call me if anything pops up. Dicks. They make me quit my job, and stick me in a place that dicks me around, and now they won't help me find a new one.I'm gonna burn the building down.

No comments: