Thursday, November 03, 2005

Sketchbook #2



Ball point pens and highlighters:

This is a pic of Bob Dobbs. I do most of my spontanious drawing at work now, and I don't have access to my art stuff. I use what ever is around. I have even dried out one of the dry-erase markers floating around. I once found a purple pen in the walkway and did a whole "Prince" themed doodle on the back of a meeting agenda. I love ball point pens. I find that one can achieve similar levels of shading as with pencil, but without the messy pinky. It is difficult to erase, but that is why the storage closet gods gave us liquid paper.

A friend of mone once did a whole series of comics using only ball points. The original art work was awesome, but when we tried to print it, some of the detail was lost. These were ash-can photo-copied mini-comics mind you, so we had to give a little.

2 comments:

Pocheco said...

Is Bob Dobbs available!? He looks like a CATCH!

Awesome drawing, Powers!

Mitchell said...

yeah, I've been addicted to mechanical pencils recently.