Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Fold-ins, Dions and Women of Ill repute.




Okay, this is about the coolest thing I've seen in a long while. I keep going back to it.



Every even slightly nerdy boy in America went through a phase where Mad Magazine was about the coolest thing ever. I actually started reading Groo: The Wanderer specifically because Sergio Aragones did the little doodles in the margins. I think he still does, actually.





This is Jackson with a Dinosaur. Over Easter, he kept making his Nana take picture of him holding each of the .99¢ Dinos that he got in his bucket.







This is Joey throwin' gang signs

His flow be fresh.



Oh, yeah. So they finally put a lock on the gate they put up to block the bridge I used to use to go over the train tracks to get from the parking lot to work. You get all that? Too bad. The bridge has been unsound for car traffic for about ten years, and is now unsuitable for foot traffic as well. Instead of repairing it or knocking it down, they just blocked it off. All that doesn't matter. What matters is that my route to work is now two blocks and 7 minutes longer. Actually, that doesn't even matter for this story either. What matters is that when walking to work now, I go over a new bridge. This morning, just before I got to the base of the bridge, about a block away from the parking lot, a car pulls up. A woman gets out and the car speeds off. No bid deal, she's just getting dropped off, even though it's a really weird place to be dropped off because it's not really near anything. Why didn't they just go ahead and go over the bridge and drop her off on the other side. But then she doesn't go over the bridge. She goes under the bridge, where there is only a small space before the fenced-off train tracks start. And I thought to myself: Ha Ha! Crack Whore!

That is all.


-JP

No comments: