Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Some thoughts on the election.

First off, congrats to Obama and Biden. You guys deserve it.

Finally people are engaged in the political process again. People are excited about performing their civic duty again. Gone, or at least lessened are the days of apathy. The feelings of why bother, my vote won't count, or politics has nothing to do with my day to day life.

Finally people other than aging baby boomers and values voters showed up at the polls.

It is very telling that when John McCain mentioned Omaba's name during his concession speech, the crowd booed, but when Obama mentioned McCain's name during his victory speech, the crowd cheered. It tells me that closed-minded arrogance has run it's course, and the American people are ready for real solutions that go beyond finger pointing.

I fear for Obama's safety and for that of his family. All the good ones get killed.

I can't wait to hear the political back-pedaling from the pendants.

It's a good day. Were it not overcast, I'm sure the sun would be a little brighter today.

I am sad that the State I live in is always way behind the curve.

More as I think of them.

1 comment:

Fyrebaugh said...

And all it took was the economy crashing!

And yes I was hoping that Oklahoma would be blue this election..