Monday, October 12, 2009

Sickies.


Hunter. If only he looked that good when he died.
It doesn't seem that long since a posting but I guess it has been. Not for lack of material, mind you.
A few weeks ago, Joseph started having pretty bad diarrhea. after about 4 days of it, and after he started refusing anything to eat or drink, we took him into the doctor, who promptly admitted him into the hospital. He was severely dehydrated, though we couldn't tell. As the doctor was telling Jennifer that he had to be admitted, he was at the time, swinging from the back of the exam chair and making monkey noises. "They're going to think I'm crazy, for admitting him," the doc said.
So after a little more than 24 hours in the hospital, they let him out and he has been slowly recovering ever since. He seems to be all better now. Turns out he had some kind of fungus in his digestive tract that the doctor actually had to go look up, as she'd never heard of it. Who knows what that kid gets into.
Jen and Jackson were thankfully spared for the most part. Jennifer was a little messed up, and Jackson was perfectly fine. I got it full on. I see why they admitted him. It was nasty. I had to take three days off of work, and do nothing but sleep and stay very near a toilet. No fun. I lost 16 lbs, and am not fully over it even now.
Now we march into Flu season!
I saw the Decemberists at Cain's Ballroom. That was an awesome show. Creeping up into my top five the more I think about it.
Other than that, Not much.
I think I may have a family of rabbits living in my shed.
-JP

1 comment:

Phil said...

Tell me about the rabbits, George.