Monday, January 18, 2010

Indeedy.


Alright. So. Remember in my last post how I felt really optimistic about this year? Turns out I had every right to be. The T-Dub just gave me a pretty meaty promotion. Well, I say promotion, but since I'm already doing several people's worth of work, it's more like I'm just being recognized for the work I already do. Though I am getting a lot more responsibilities as well, mind. The new position is basically my old position with some training thrown in, and a few obstructions taken out of the way. I'm basically in charge of making sure all of the ads that we create for our web site don't suck. And if they do, I'm who you go to. The ads we don't create are on their own. I'll still be doing Illustrations for the newsroom. There is a raise as well.
WOO HOO! Enough of one that I can quit the part-time job I had to get in order to make some ends meet. Also, Jennifer's sister Grace is working again, and Jennifer is watching her son Zane during the day now. So there is some extra scratch as well. I think we can finally stop living paycheck to paycheck and start putting away some money. See the trick is to stick to the same budget we had before. Most of the new money gets socked away, and the rest is gravy.

♥ I have to give Jennifer some big-ass props here, because her awesome budgeting is what makes it possible to live on one income and not feel like the Joads. She takes care of 3 rambunctious boys all day long, and takes care of most of the house-related business as well. She is awesome. Anybody that thinks being a stay-at-home mom isn't hard work is full of shit. All I do is draw pictures and carry heavy things. She does everything else. I picked a good one. ♥

So yeah. Awesome. This year is starting off well.
-JP

1 comment:

Bundle Brent said...

Congratulations! What good news, and what a good start to 2010.