Friday, July 25, 2008

Cute kids and Summer Movies




Man, my wife makes cute kids.
Thanks to the mighty Bucaroo for the pic.


it is now one of my favs of all time.


Laura took thins pic while here last month. We had a grand time.


My other kid, who had a birthday last week, gets his birthday party this week. It's going to be in a park at 10:30am because who doesn't like cake before noon. If you want to go, email me. We have had a mild summer* by Oklahoma standards this year. July is almost over, and we have yet to hit 100°, thanks to Al Gore. Need I remind you of the summer of '06 when we had 34 days over 100°? I thought not.


That being said, it is supposed to get to a hundred on Saturday, the day of the Party. Hopefully, we'll be out of there by noon or 1:00. Jackson is excited for the Party, and actually has no idea that his birthday was last week because we didn't tell him. I don't think his just turned 3 brain could have wrapped itself around the concept of birthday now, party later. My brain can barely deal. Let's just let him open a present now, I would say. You aren't getting it, Jenn would say. It's because I'm slow.


In other News:


Finally saw the Batman movie last night. It met my very high expectations and exceeded them. That's all I'm going to say, because I sure you can't shop for toilet paper without seeing a Welshman in a batsuit on the package**.


I am extremely excited for the Watchmen movie. I know Alan Moore didn't want it filmed, but let's face it, Moore is kind of a dick.


I'll tell you what I'm not excited about is The Spirit movie. It appears that Frank Miller has taken a beloved, wonderfully campy and groundbreaking strip from the '40s and is using it to further is juvenile, chauvinistic, über macho agenda. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of what Frank has done. It just seems like as time went on, his male characters got less and less sympathetic, in direct proportion to his female characters wearing less and less clothing. But let's face it, Miller is kind of a dick. And can we please make a comic book movie without Sam Jackson in it for once?



Powers out.








*Way to jinx it, Powers!
**Wipe out crime!

No comments: