Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tomorrow my first born will turn 3!

Holy shit, time flies!

Jackson is turning into an incredibly smart little boy. I can tell because he has quickly become bored to death with just about everything, especially his parents. He needs constant stimulation, and luckily for us, he can't really stand the TV. Too slow. He'll watch for about 7-8 minutes before he's off and running. The only things that can hold his attention, other than constant movement, are sleep and building the tracks for his trains. Neither of which he does very often.

One thing he does love is soccer. He gets to run around for an hour kicking things. Right up his alley.

This year his personality has really come into the forefront. He is sweet and hyper and funny and has even begun to make up jokes. Jokes, people. He also likes to trick you, and he likes to hide and jump out to scare you. He picks out his own clothes, and like his dad, prefers t-shirts with comic book characters on them.
He has also developed broken record syndrome. He'll ask the same question over and over until you give a different answer and then he'll say "No, Daddy, its (first answer)!" and start all over again.

He also at that age where we spend equal amounts of time thinking either, "I can't believe how smart you are!" and "I can't believe what a little shit you're being!" Which I'm sure sounds harsh to anybody who doesn't have kids, but incredibly accurate to anybody who does. And keep in mind I said thinking, not saying.

All in all, he is an awesome kid, and I love him a lot. I chalk it all up the the wonderful parenting that my lovely bride offers, as I do not know dick. I have seen the importance of being around, unlike the constant stream of "father figures" that wandered in and out of my childhood. And I am trying real hard to not be the dad that comes home, scolds the kids for what ever they got in trouble for that day, cracks a beer and settles into the barca-lounger to watch sports, because you may as not be there at that point.

The second kid is awesome too, by the way. He seems so much easier than Jackson was. I know that a lot of it is that we have been through it before, but this kid has a completely different personality.

For one thing, Joseph sleeps. Jackson never slept more than 45 minutes at a time until he was over a year old. He still doesn't sleep well, and getting him in bed is still a constant battle.

Joseph is just happy and giggly and bright eyed and perfect. It looks as though he's going to have wavy red hair, too. Which is awesome as long as nobody calls him "ginger balls" later in life.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACKSON!

No comments: