Friday, January 30, 2009

A real post. Long overdue.

So I have been posting Internet memes and videos and crap like that for a while, and not telling you anything of substance. Sorry about that.
Well, 2009 is off to an odd start. Following the layoffs at work, I've been given extra duties to help carry the weight. Which is fine, I guess, but since right before the layoffs, they froze wages and raised our health insurance, I basically took a pay cut and am doing a lot more work. But I have a job, and a good one at that, so I can't really complain.* Also, some of my new duties are way better than the old ones. Like the Illustrations.

See Here and Here

So that's cool. Truthfully, since illustration is my actual background, if they want to steer me that way a little more, I'm just fine with that. People around here seem to like what I've been doing, so keeping me around in that capacity is definitely a possibility.
In other news:
Do you guys remember the argument clinic skit on Monty Python? That pretty much sums up our everyday dealings with Jackson these days. Three is definitely the new Two when it comes to pushing boundaries. Anything we say to Jackson is immediately met with contradiction. A friend suggested that we offer choices instead instead of just telling to do something, like do you want to wear this coat or that coat, so that it's hie decision, we get "I don't wanna wear a coat!"
Time outs and the like just make him laugh, and neither of us are willing to use physical punishment, because we both know from experience that it doesn't work. That doesn't mean we don't loose our tempers from time to time. I've wanted to throw him out the window on several occasions, and one night last week, we had to take him to his grandparent's house so we could get a break. He's still a total sweetie, and the awesomest, smartest kid I know, but I sure hope he grows out of this soon.
Jen may start watching a boy almost Jackson's exact age two day a week, so maybe that will distract him a little.
Joseph, on the other hand is being totally awesome. He started really walking in earnest this week, and I am getting a lot more exercise chasing him around the house. He friggin' fast!

Um... That's it.

-JP









*The old punker Jason is screaming inside right now.

No comments: