Friday, March 05, 2010

Charlie


oh, Charlie... You were always my fav, and I hope you come back again.

Anyway, Our family has been doing really well. We joined the gym, and I was partially expecting it to be like every other time I've joined a gym, where I go diligently for a few weeks, then it fizzles out until I cancel the membership somewhere around August. But this time is different! Partially because of the $500 challenge my former boss threw down, but mostly because I'm sick of being the fat daddy in all the holiday snap-shots. And maybe because of a recently obtained sense of ambition, I'm going gangbusters on this. Previously, it was a chore, but now I actually want to go. Sometimes more than once a day. How crazy is that?
Jennifer is in on it too. The YMCA we go to has two awesome child areas, so every day, she brings everybody down there, the kids get to run around for a while, and Jenn gets to exercise without three crazy boys pawing at her every second of the day. Everybody wins! I'm down 15lbs, and Jenn is all toned all of a sudden. The boys are worn out, and sleep like.. well like babies. Which they never really did, so that simile doesn't really apply.
Also! Thanks to a little more scratch coming in, and amazing money management on the part of my wife, Jennifer and I have actually been able to go out on dates on a regular basis again. You childless people won't care, but you parents know exactly what I'm talking about. It's awesome. I get to wear the clothes that don't have juice stains on them, and I get to drink adult beverages. Yay!
And spring seems like it finally got it's ass out of bed, and made it to work. We've all been spending more time outside the last few days, doing yard work even.
So, yeah. We are in a rare spot where nobody is sick, broke, or angry. Good times!

-JP

1 comment:

mizzzlaura said...

Jason-Life sounds glorious there. I'm so happy for you guys. And 15lbs? You rock! Come spend some of that extra money in Austin. Bucaro-Valentino B&B is having a special...it's free for the likes of you!