Wednesday, July 27, 2005

One week




Well, little Jackson is a bit over a week old now and I have learned a few things.

I have learned that to sustain levels of sleeplessness I haven't seen since "back in the day", is a lot harder when I don't have cigarettes, drugs, and insomnia to help me out.

I have learned that extreme emotions are meant to be experienced separately. Seeing Jack for the first time and being extremely happy, while a team of doctors were digging through Jenn's abdomen and there is blood everywhere, and being extremely worried, was a situation I just couldn't wrap my head around.

I have learned that my suspicions that the female of the species is the stronger of the two are most deffinately true. That is one tough chick. Hours of go nowhere labor, a c-section requireing the doc to make the hole bigger half way through to accomodated Jackson's 14" head, staples, stiches, no sleep, pain killers and feeding the little dude every 2 hours! I am not that strong.

I have learned that most of my past or current problems don't mean dick.

I have learned that you can keep your life, personality and habbits when you have kids. You just have to tweak things a bit.

I have aslo learned that I have a lot of friends that genuinely care about me and wish me well.
And the same to all of you.

J3

No comments: