Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Robot with knick-knack




I missed the calendar thingy this month, but here is a detail because it was the only thing I drew on it. That robot's gonna mess you up.
So we finally had a weekend at home. A three day weekend for me due to an uninvited migrane. I got to work Friday morning, and felt pretty crappy, and had a bit of a headache, but I just could not stop sweating. It wasn't hot in the AC, and I was pouring buckets. Then a mythical being hit me in the back of the head with a sledge-hammer and I almost passed out. So I decided to go home and sleep it off. That took till 2:00, and I was pretty groggy the rest of the day. Jen was having a garage sale, so I just stayed inside with the boy, so he wouldn't get heatstroke, and I wouldn't fall over.
Friday night, we ended up having dinner with a bunch of sorority girls. I'm still not sure how. But, we got a lot of offers to babysit Jackson, so that was good. We now have this massive list of girls to call when we need to go get shit-faced. Always handy.
Saturday was the rest of the sale. We got totally cleaned out, and that was including a bunch of stuff that cousin Ryan dropped off. We had to close down at 12:30 because it was 106 degrees. At 12:30. Not even the hottest part of the day. Fuckin' sun. God hates us. We spent the rest of the day trying to stay places that were air conditioned. We finally got to leave the house and go for a walk around 9:00, when Jack should have been in bed and right when all the bugs come out. I'm still itchy. I think all we did on Sunday was housework. We were really starting to get cabin fever. Poor Jack would look out the window at his little swing that I put up in the tree for him, and whine. It was very sad.
In other news, the Cheerleader comic that Jeff and I did got published. It is in a cheesy goth themed rag, but hey, published is published. Always nice to see yourself in print.
I leave you with this random thought:
Why the hell can't Fruit Stripe Gum last longer? So good. So fleeting.

No comments: