Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Whiners




So NPR did this story this morning about the awful heat wave going across the country. They were making this big deal about how some place was having trouble coping because for 10 days the temperature had been above 90 degrees.
Above 90! That's horrible!
If you click the pic to the right, you will see that Stilly had exactly zero days under 90, and only 5 that were under 95. Oh, and do me a favor and click here.
You see that? Forecast is another week of above 100, and another month of above 90. John on KEXP Seattle's morning show was so happy because the intense heat (88) was finally over and it was back into the 70s for the rest of the week. I wanted to leap through the internets and throttle his throat.
This heat makes me cranky and sick to my stomach. My electric bill may as well be another car payment. It would probably be cheaper to get another car, and just sit in it with the engine idling, blowing the AC all over me. It can't be any more expensive. I wish I had the money to go live in Australia or New Zealand where it is winter right now. We need to make a really cool city somewhere where it is really cold year round, like Siberia or in ANWaR. If millions will flock to Vegas, they'll come to my new city.

Who's with me?

1 comment:

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

I'm with you! Crappy heat. I'm in MO, and it's hot here too. I'm tired of this 'feels like' temperature stuff. "Feels like 108".. feels like I'm going to die.

Let me know when you break ground!