Monday, November 27, 2006

Any ethnic food will do.

Man. Holidays for latch-key kids, especially if they marry another latch key kid, involve a shit-ton of driving. This year wasn't so bad, but the whole mom's house in the morning, dad's in the evening, Denver for one holiday, Tulsa for the other, see these sets of people, then go across town to see the other.... Oh and if you are the first ones to offer up a grand-kid? Forget it. Even distant cousins want a piece of you.
So that being said, I have decided that now that I have my own house and my own kid and my own Christmas tree, the rest of you can piss off or drive to my house.
I racked up a lot of mileage in the last few decades, and now it's your turn. So come on down. I'll be the one sitting comfortably on the couch, half drunk by noon.

Okay. So despite all the driving, we had an awesome weekend. Thursday was spent in Enid America(the worst city in OK, according to many of it's own residents), At Jen's Aunt's house. There were stairs there which must have looked almost exactly like a jungle gym, because all Jack wanted to do was climb up and down them the whole day. He was also really into getting olives. Not to eat, but to squish, then feed to the dogs. There was lots of yummy food.
Friday I had to freakin' work, but I came in late, and left early. I spent the time in between decorating the internet marketing area for Christmas in the most obnoxious ways I could think of, eating the free pizza they provided for us, and watching downloaded movies on my computer. That'll show 'em! Then I drove to Tulsa, and helped prep for feast #2. We watched "the break-up", and although I generally like Vince Vaughn and I think Jennifer Aniston is a cutie despite myself, the movie was a let down.

Saturday was a giant pile of food with us having to eat our way through it. Lots of family and kids and running and yelling and then more food. After we watched Bedlam and had naps, Jen and I went on down to Arnie's for Larkin's CD release party. That was a blast. I love drunken Irish parties. I can't help but feel like I'm fulfilling the wishes of my forefathers. When Indian people participate in traditional dances and rituals, they must get the same feeling I get when I am in an Irish pub, with a Guinness, belting out drinking songs. It's a connection to your past.
Sunday was spent putting up Christmas decorations and getting the house ready for the holiday party we are throwing next week end.

I want Chinese food.

No comments: