Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Shelves!



Finally!

Lookkit dem shelves!--->

We sold some of our old shelves in a garage sale over the summer, and gave the others to cousin Preston after we repainted the room, because the red stain didn't vibe with our new guacamole colored paint. So all our (read: my) stuff had been sitting on the floor ever since. We had been waiting for some extra cash to build new ones and never seemed to have a spare $200. That is until we found the brackets we wanted on sale for $2.50 each, and found some really cheap wood. The third and most important piece was Mr. Dopps. He came over on Sunday with a mad fat pile of tools, and helped me put them up. They look really awesome. Jen had an idea of what she wanted, that I turned into something much more elaborate and expensive in my head. When we got all the stuff together, the whole thing ended up being under $75. So that was even cooler. Jen smart.

Friday I spend a good deal of the night looking for cousin Ryan's dog Roscoe who ran off earlier that day. We looked and looked until about 10:00 when we got a call from his roomate stating that Roscoe had showed up on the back porch out of the blue, whining for some food and smelling like a rotten creek. Crisis solved, I went back home and crashed out watching Doctor Who on the Sci-fi channel. Saturday we cleaned the house, raked the leaves, washed and detailed the Xterra, put it up for sale on the corner, did laundry, and bought the lumber for the shelves. Oh, and played with the kid. A lot.

Monday and today were work days, and as work is kinda slow, I spent most of my time watching my new love(thanks again, Cody!): The Mighty Boosh. I love those guys. They have a talking Ape as a main character. They break into elaborate musical numbers at odd times. They had mod wolves. That's what sold me. I also will have a new NGV5 page up by tomorrow, if the stupid scanner at work is functional.

um... That's it.

2 comments:

sherrypg said...

How much are you asking for the Xterra?

Can you email me the vitals?

BTW. I saw you guys on Halloween, but I didn't say anything 'cause I didn't want you to think of me as a stalker. We trick or treat there every year and fun is had by all.

jpow said...

crap. we sold it, unfortunately. You shoulda said hello on Halloween, as any stalker would be concidered "part of the family".