Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Kiev


I think there is a lot of good street art out there. I just don't think most of it is in America. Last night, The Fam and I got stuck at train crossing, and were commenting about how all the graffiti on the train cars ammounted to a variation of "Joe was here". Don't get me wrong, I have a high respect for art in any form, and if it weren't for street art, we wouldn't have Basquiat or Keith Harring or several other very influentual artists.
But this stuff* -->
Just awesome. It's from The Ukraine, and I can't read it. But it looks really cool, so I don't care. I wish more Americans would crank it up a notch like these guys did.
Another cool artist I found between trolling the message boards and actually working was Ashley Wood. She combines two of my favorite things: Robots and Pin-up girls. Cool stuff.
The 3rd series of Doctor Who hit England on Saturday, and then hit the torrents a few hours later. It was really good. The new companion will do just nicely.
In other news:
For those of you who know my brother Jefferson, this will be amusing. He's part of a podcast now, over at SuperHeroCinema.com. He and two other guys yap about movies and other media that is adapted from comics somehow. I have a hard time listening sometimes, because I know his voice so well. I keep wanting to interject. They geek out on all kinds of stuff, and I don't get to do that very often anymore, so I listen intently every week.
Those podcasts are all the rage now. I can't figure out if I like them or not. A lot of them are fun and amusing like the ones from the Onion, but others are like listening in on a conversation that you can't be a part of. Kevin Smith's is like that. Why do I want to listen to two guys yammer on like that? Answer: I really don't. I get the same feeling I get when eavesdropping on the neighbors when they are fighting or screwing. I usually keep listening in either case, because I am gossipy deviant.
Jackson is nearing 2. My how time flies. He's learning a lot of words really fast, which means I have to watch my mouth a lot more.** He is also starting to push a few boundaries. In that, I mean he can be a total pain in the ass from time to time. My friend Brian has a good theory on why that is, and I tend to agree. I now have the age-old parental question of weather to give in for the sake of quietness and risk spoilage, or don't react, and risk deep-seeded daddy issues later in life like I have.*** I usually go about 50 -50 to cover the spread.
-JP
*From Drawn!
** Like I ever did before.
***And everybody else in the world.

No comments: