Tuesday, December 11, 2007

ICE STORM!!!


So, um, yeah. There is an inch of ice covering the city. A quarter of a million people don't have power, and I would say 85% of the businesses and all of the schools are closed. Airport has no power. Bush declared us a disaster. The first time he's been right about something. Good times.

Check this out. Kinda cool.

I work for a 24/7 news organization, so I still have to come in. Yesterday I totally spun out on the highway and went off the road and down the embankment, luckily landing facing the correct way on an on-ramp, so I could just get back on the road, which is what I did. No harm done.

Jen and the boy are at home and going a but stir crazy, so they may go to the mall play area because of course the mall still has power. She and the rest of the city. They might make the grandparent rounds today, just for a change of scenery.
Jen's Dad has no power, so he may be staying with us tonight. It will be our luck that as soon as everybody gets to our house, the power will blow.
-JP


No comments: