Thursday, June 18, 2009

In which our hero gets a new car.

Finally.
Thanks to a small financial windfall, I am now the proud owner of a 1996 VW Golf. Its black and is a stick-shift has manual everything. No frills, except the sunroof, which I actually quite enjoy.
I'm excited about it. It is zippy and gets way better gas mileage than the gigantic farm truck Jennifer's aunt graciously lent me that I have been driving since my other car blew up.
Happy day!

I took Tuesday off so Jennifer could have a break. She stayed the night at her mother's house in order to get some uninterrupted sleep, and spent the day shopping and generally relaxing.
The boys and I had a great time. I think that with me having two jobs and busy as all get out all the time, they were needing some daddy time. We made scrambled eggs and apples and bananas for breakfast, played some video games, went to the library for story time (along with Grace and Zane), ate some gourmet PB&Js at McAllaster's, went to Jackson's favorite park (along with Grace and Zane), which Joseph slept through, watched WALL-E for the ten billionth time, built a massive train track around the living room, and made Beef Stroganoff from scratch for dinner.
Everybody was well behaved and had a great time.
Every time Joseph asked for mommy, Jackson would say: She took the day off, Joe!

At work, we are switching to a new ad server. Ad serving on our website is one of the many duties that I have. When I first got here, one of the first projects I had was to swap out our really ancient ad server for a way better one. Two years later, we have outgrown even that one and are implementing an even newer one that can do way more. The new one is so involved that I have to go to NYC for a week to get trained on it. Compare this to the last guys who sent us the software and a manual, and told us to call them if we had any problems. The new people are way cooler. And as excited as I am to travel to NYC since I never get to go on business trips, being away from The Fam for a whole week, and sitting through 5 days of all-day training does not sound fun. I do have a lot of friends in the City, so I can probably amuse myself at night, and we were even thinking of having Jenn fly up for a few days so we could hang out at night. So maybe that will work out. Still. Should be fun.

Powers out.

No comments: