Tuesday, June 30, 2009

News and Accolades

Well, we just hit the two year mark. I think I have mentioned before, that every two years, Jennifer and I need to totally upend our lives and make some sort of crazy change. Move to Tulsa, move to Stillwater(and have a kid), move back to Tulsa(have another kid), each time with a job change of some sort.
This time is a milder change. We are moving back into midtown, but I'm keeping my job this time. Actually everything else should remain about the same except our gas bill. Everything we do is downtown. Both my jobs, Jackson's school, the church, and all of our friends. Every time we wanted to do anything, it involved a 20-30 minute drive from Glenpool into town. No longer.
The house is a block away from Whiteside Park, where there is an awesome play area, tennis courts, a walking trail, and a free pool. We can walk to the mall, and work is a hop and a skip on the BA.
The house is cute. Full brick. From the 50's. It hasn't really been updated since then, but has been meticulously maintained. A few coats of paint and some new tile here and there, and it will be golden .Three extremely small bedrooms, but two living areas to make up for it. There is a shed and a huge back yard.
The move will be in the middle of August, and I'm still trying to figure out if that will be better or worse than the frigid late January/early February times we usually move.
I think it will be nice to be back in mid town.

In other news:

Attention NY peeps: The TW is sending me and my good friend Brandon Rowland to New york City for a week of ad serving training with Yahoo! inc. I'll be there the last week of July. The days will be full 9-5 with training, but the evenings are mostly free. So if you want to do something, contact me in some way.

Um... that's it.

No comments: