Thursday, July 09, 2009

Ball-point Pens & Highlighters

So I feel that I have been remiss in posting artwork. Most of what I do is commercial these days, and I can't seem to update my Zombie story for whatever reason (mostly writer's block).

What I am capable of doing, however, is doodling on my calendar. Some of you know this already, as I have collected them from time to time. Well, I'm going to start posting them a little more often, starting with this one:



I remember this as G-Force: Guardians of Space. It was also Battle of the Planets. In it's purest(and best) form, it known as Science Ninja Team Gatchaman.

think that since Hollywood seems to have a hankerin' for making mediocre movies out everything I laid eyes on as a child, they are really missing out on some serious coin by overlooking imported Sandy Frank Manga. Especially since Transformers proved that you don't need any kind of plot to make millions of dollars a second. Imagine a live action Robotech(Macross) movie. That would be awesome. And given that there actually is an interesting and lengthy(read: high sequel potential) story behind it, along with transforming bots and aliens, and the fact that Manga is at it's most popular in America right now, it could be Hollywood gold in the right hands.

I'm just sayin'.

-JP

3 comments:

Phil said...

You've seen these, right?

http://theawesomer.com/teaser-trailer-gatchaman/3091/

http://gatchaman--trailer.blogspot.com/

jpow said...

Awesome. See? I am a genius.

Fyrebaugh said...

I only knew it as G-Force but yes, I need to collect those!! And a movie would be great too. I have Macross somewhere...