Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Plausible.

So we cuddle up on the couch to watch some Mythbusters*. Everybody gets under their blankets and we start the show. Jackson says he's thirsty, so I get up and get him a drink. Just as I sit down, Joseph says his drink is empty, so I get up and go get him some more milk. Less than a second later, Jackson says he's hungry and wants a banana because the Mythbusters are testing something banana related. Joe says he wants a PB&J. There are no bananas so I ask Jack if he wouldn't mind sharing the sandwich with Joe. He says that's fine. So I make the sandwich, even cutting the crusts off, and slice it into two triangles. The wolf them down in about a second. They both say they want some more. But Jack wants his cut into dinosaur shapes and Joe wants squares. After I lose that argument, I go in to make two more sandwiches. I run out of peanut butter on the second one, and have to root through the pantry to find a new jar. It's organic, natural peanut putter, so I have to stir it up to mix in the oil, a lengthy process. I make the sandwiches, cut one into dinosaurs with this thing which is basically a cookie cutter for sandwiches, and the other into squares. I come back, plates in hand and Joe has fallen asleep. D'oh!
Not wanting to waste the food, I go see if my pregnant wife wants the sandwich squares. Not really, she says, and I spend a few minutes convincing her to eat it. I leave the sandwich with her, and go check on Jackson. He had dropped the plate, and the dogs snatched up half of his sandwich. So I go check to see if Jennifer had eaten the sandwich she said she didn't want less than a minute earlier. Gone. The whole thing.
So I had to make sandwich #4. Jackson ate all of it, which equaled two whole PB&Js and a whole glass of milk only an hur and a half after dinner. I guess he'll sleep well tonight.

*I'd like to thank the Mythbusters, as Jackson can now use the word "plausible" correctly in a sentence. He's 5.

-JP

No comments: