Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Pins and needles


I know, just know that you all look forward to the beginning of the month so you can see my calendar from the previous month.
Well fret no more, as it is here--->
Some one at work actually spotted the battle pod from Robotech, and knew what it was. I work with total nerds. But I drew it, so I one-up them on that. Everybody seems to enjoy the kool-aid man. I know I do. I can't drink that super sugary treat without my teeth hurting, but I do have fond memories of the fact that you can mix "Sharkleberry Punch" with almost any form of alcohol and have a yummy time. Usually the cheaper and more disgusting, comes-in-a-plastic-bottle hard liquor, the better. I wrote a comic years back about a fun time I had one night with just such a concoction. And by "fun time" I mean that I have little memory of what I did or why frozen veggies were in my bed when I awoke. I'll try to dig up that comic or re-do it for you all.

In other news, I need to pass this along:

"Congress is pushing a law that would abandon the Internet's First Amendment
-- a principle called Network Neutrality that prevents companies like AT&T,
Verizon and Comcast from deciding which Web sites work best for you -- based on
what site pays them the most. Your local library shouldn'tÂ’t have to outbid Barnes
& Noble for the right to have its Web site open quickly on your computer.
Net Neutrality allows everyone to compete on a level playing field and is
the reason that the Internet is a force for economic innovation, civic
participation and free speech. If the public doesn't speak up now, Congress will
cave to a multi-million dollar lobbying campaign by telephone and cable
companies that want to decide what you do, where you go, and what you watch
online."

"If Net Neutrality is gutted, Google, eBay, and YouTube either pay protection money to companies like AT&T or risk that their sites process slowly on your computer. Comcast could intentionally slow access to iTunes, steering Internet customers its own music service. And the little guy with the next big idea would be muscled out of the marketplace, relegated to the "slow lane" of the information superhighway. " -WWdN.

The big corporations with politicans in their pockets are looking to squash the blogosphere so it runs the was they want. I'm sure this has a lot to do with the grass roots political uprising from the last two presidential elections on the part of the Washington supporters, and a way to make fat cash on the part of the corporations. I don't want AT&T to decide that a site I want to go to will run at a snail's pace because they didn't receive some sort of payment from said site or the ISP they use. This is stupid and greedy and wrong on so many levels.
Go here for more info: http://www.savetheinternet.com/

off my soapbox now.

No comments: