Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Sketchbook #8


This is a toy robot.

So Jackson has decided that sleep just isn't for him. Doesn't like it. Last night he woke up once an hour until about 3am, when he decided he was up for good. We took turns rubbing his little back and letting him cry it out for small periods of time. He finally crashed out again around 5:30. I was up about an hour and a half after that. Couldn't find the shoes I wanted, all the big coffee mugs were in the still running dish-washer, and I had left my window down during a pretty severe storm, and a bunch of my CD's, most of which have paper covers these days, got all wet, as did my bum. I drank a massive amount of coffee, but forgot to take my heartburn pill, so I'm hella paying for that now.
But I'm in a pretty good mood anyway. We used our tax return to pay off the balance on a consolidation loan, and we set up a way to pay off our surprisingly low credit card debt. This means that after that gets paid off, the house will be our only actual debt (not counting regular bills). We have no student loans, no car payment, no stupid department store credit cards. Cash only, baby! This makes me very happy.
I'm starting to really enjoy Sia, the singer. I heard "Breathe Me" on KEXP a while ago, and as I did enjoy it, I thought she was a one-trick pony. Then I saw the vid for Taken for Granted, and some SXSW stuff, and changed my mind. She does a kick-bottom cover of Paranoid Android by Radiohead. I think I'll actually go buy that CD today.

That is all.

update- Sia used to be with Zero 7. I knew I recognized her voice. She's also the niece of former frontman for Men at Work Colin Hay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»