Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Fall Season

I don't think my head works right. Did something big change and I missed it? I feel like I was anticipating something, and then I missed it, and then it turned out to be really anti-climactic anyway. So there is a bunch of residual anticipation that isn't directed anywhere. Maybe it's hockey season. Maybe it's The new fall TV season. I did miss a bunch of premiers when I was in DC, and a lot of those were extremely anti-climactic as well. Maybe that was it. That'd be kinda sad, though. If my mind was subconsciously excited about the fall TV schedule.
Some of the new shows I didn't really get to see except Heroes. That show I really liked. They did a good job of showing what it would be like to suddenly realize you had super powers. Most of us would freak out, but the comic book nerds would be overjoyed.
I never got into CSI or Law and Order or Lost or any or the ten billion stupid reality shows that are on network TV. Some of the more obscure reality shows I like, though. I have a few geeky shows that I watch like Smallvillee and Doctor Who, and now Heroes. Smallville and my secret guilty pleasure Gillmore Girls (a show I have been watching since day one and not telling anyone about it) are both on the new CW station, a merger of the WB and UPN. I'm sure the W is for Warner, but I don't know what the C is for. This was a good idea, as both networks had a heap of crap, and they seem to have done a good job of keeping the good (or at least the most successful) shows. I liked Veronica Mars, but there was always a scheduling conflict, but now I can watch it. OLN has picked a lot more Avalanche games this season, so that's good. Most of the time I don't even really watch TV. I mean like sit and stare at the screen for the whole show. I do that with movies, but with TV, I'm usually doing something else, like drawing comics or surfing the net, or blogging, or making dinner, or playing with my boy. It does always seem to be on though. At least after Jack goes to bed.
I had one awesome weekend. It was just me and the boy, as Jen was in Dallas. We had a good time. He is getting to really enjoy specific people and specific activities, and when you get around the things he likes, he's just as happy as can be. We got haircuts, went to the park, a lot, and generally just played and farted around Stillwater. It was a lot of fun. He's slowly starting to get easier to manage a night, so that's good. He still wakes up at 4:45 ready to start his day, but at least he sometimes sleeps straight through till then. Sometimes. We and a good time.
I rented The Proposition. This is the Australian Western that Nick Cave Wrote. It was very good, and very violent. No the Die Hard cartoony kind of violence that we usually get stuffed down out collective throats, but really mean, brutal violence. Violence that serves the very well written plot. Check it out.
Well, that's all I got for now.

No comments: