Tuesday, March 20, 2007

In which I have little to say.

Well, there have been some serious changes at my work. Some shuffling and some re-organizing. Suffice it to say that I have turned my thoughts toward change. I have been feeling for a while that I may want to leave Stilly. I like it here, but I feel I may be able to make a better life for my family if I get back to a bigger city. Which city and with what opportunities said city would offer are the questions. Things seem to be pointing me back to Tulsa, at least in the short term. We shall see. The weird thing is that I've actually been hella busy at work, hence no sketches or comics for a while.
In other news:
Basketball has robbed me of new Heroes episodes, so to fill my geek quota, I have to survive on sporadic Smallville eps and whatever Sci-fi has to offer.
The new Robin Hood series on BBC America is better and worse than I thought it would be, so I keep tuning in and can't really figure out why. The acting is mostly bad, but the writing is pretty good. It suffers from trying to distance itself from the version the one the Herc and Xena people did by fully embracing the Kevin Costner version. Of course they make everybody younger and better looking, in keeping with what feudal English peasants historically looked like. Who knew oral care was so much better during the Crusades?
BBCAM really needs to re run The Eleventh Hour. That show is really good. Starring Captain Picard and Maggie from Extras, they both play against type as crime investigators. Picard uses chemistry to save the day!
Also, Live Forever is a really well done documentary on the whole Brit Pop phenomenon back in the '90s. If you were into that at all back then, Like I was, you should take a look.
The FX show The Riches got off to a promising start. A family of con artist-gypsies take over the lives of a family killed in a car wreck. Good stuff. It was really weird to see Eddie Izzard a) without make up, and b) acting so well. He does a really good job. And I didn't want to punch Minnie Driver in the face*, so she's getting better.
Jackson is learning more words every day, and it is awesome to see his cognitive abilities grow. He's going to be some sort of evil genius when he grows up. A mad scientist perhaps. I should start looking for castles atop creepy mountains for him to live in.
Why is the spring time so filled with reality shows? For the most part, I don't like them, a few here and there aside (and none of those are on the air anymore) I just don't see the appeal. Though most reality show watchers would wonder why I waste my time with cheesy sci-fi.
The new Arcade Fire and !!! (chk chk chk) are both decient. !!! is fun because you think it's dance music until you realize they are all actually playing real instruments.
I think That's all I got. Take care.

-JP

*though that jaw would probably break my fist.

No comments: