Friday, March 02, 2007

SB 22 - Fish


Here is a fish. And it went where ever I did go.
Jackson got a little fishy for Christmas from his aunt Grace that lives on our counter now. In a little bowl. Jackson likes it. Every once in a while, he points at it, and says "shi-shi!"
Fish are weird. I've had a lot of them in the past, the coolest being a Black Moor named Doctor Fishopolis that lived eight years. Fish don't have eye lids, so when they die, I never really believe it because they're still looking at me. I usually have to poke them once or twice to make sure. (why is it that whenever we come across something dead, our first instinct is to poke it? Usually with a stick.)
Everybody in the Powers household was sick over the last week or so. A nasty "comin' outa both ends" kind of sick. The kind where you don't eat anything for 3 days, then when you finally feel better, food still sounds disgusting. All you want to do is lie in bed. Or better yet, you wish there was some way to move the bed and the TV into the bathroom so you don't have to scamper as far. Jack got it first, then me, and finally Jenn, the day before she had to go to Dallas for some training class. In retrospect, I'm glad we didn't all get it at once, as there are not enough bathrooms in our house.
Now we're all better, we all have our appetites back, and even though the ordeal left me 8 pounds lighter, I'm glad food sounds good again.

-JP

No comments: