Saturday, July 22, 2006

A break in the heat

Finally! Although usually 97 degrees isn't a break, but it is 10 degrees cooler than what it's been around here. So that's good. I guess.
We got a new car a few weeks ago, and I have to tell you, it wasn't a moment too soon. The crappy black Jeep with the bum door and the shitty air conditioning, would have killed both itself and Jennifer and probably Jackson with all the driving in the 100 degree heat Jen had to do this week. So kudos to the Xterra for being comfy and cool.
Big Jack is loving being a year old. It's a big milestone. He got to turn his carseat around to face front, he can eat nuts and strawberries with no fear of possible future allergies, the next level of Baby Einstein videos are at dis disposal, and we get cheaper rates for mommy's day out babysitting. He doesn't know it, but he's very excited. He tore into his little carrot cake with reckless abandon, and threw the singing candle on the ground for the dogs. I got him a t-shirt that reads: Mommy wants a new president. Fun stuff.
What else? I watched the entire first season of Arrested Development last night. That is some funny shit right there. They got all the right guest stars and everything. David Cross is hawesome, and this is Jeff Tambor's best work since the Larry Sanders Show. Thanks ever so to Cookie for lending it to us. He has a date tonight
Page two: The whole stem cell thing just really pissed me off. Jen too, given who she works for. They now have to send a bunch of that research out of the country, and that means more expense and Americans won't get the credit. And now his horrible foreign policy has come back to bite him in the ass. I really can't figure out why people keep letting him fuck up like that. Over and over.
Butch and Sundance is on. Man I love that movie. That's one of those movies where I'll watch it no matter when it's on, or on what channel. Commercials, edited, I don't care. If I just getting out of the shower, and it happens to be on, I'll sit bare-ass naked on the edge of the bed till its done.
Well, I obviously have nothing to say, so I'll go now.

No comments: