Wednesday, December 20, 2006

slacker week

So I don't have many projects, and my company had to have everything sealed up for Christmas a few weeks ago, so we are down to slacking and having holiday parties and things like that. The staff is dwindling as they leave to visit their families anyway. Today we had out secret Santa thing and a little raffle thing, and I got some cool stuff. So that's cool.
Turner got off okay, with just a massive delay with his connecting flight in phoenix. I guess they have a huge blizzard right now. Good thing to come home to when you live in Denver. Makes it feel like home.
Jack just got done getting pics with Santa, and from what Jen tells me, he wasn't a big fan. He wasn't scared or anything, just didn't want to sit in his lap too much. I remember my brother going nuts come Santa time, and I think we only did it for a few years. This is corroborated by the distinct lack of photos depicting either my brother or me with Santa. I don't seem to have missed it much.
My cards are not done, and my gifts are not mailed because I'm a total slacker. I'm hoping to get that done today, and everything will be late, so don't expect much.
I tried not to go overboard with Jack's presents because he has grandparents and will be very well taken care of.
I am finally over the horrible stomach virus that I got on Sunday night. Yay. I didn't eat for two days and dropped 5 pounds. I slept 12 hours Monday night. I woke up hungry, and took that as a good sign. Thankfully there was a pot-luck at work. I brought pop-tarts and a toaster. Un-thankfully* Jen now has the stomach thing. I think this may be what Jack had when he was throwing up and not eating for a while. Mystery solved!
Having kids mean you get sick a lot more than you used to.

No comments: