Monday, December 04, 2006

Snow Day!

So as many of you anywhere in the Midwest know, we got a hella snow storm last week. It was a full on blizzard with only fifty yards or so of visibility. Since I now live in an area that doesn't see this very often (compared to Denver), everybody freaked out. And nobody knows how to drive in it. Like how turning you lights on would be rule #1. I went in late on Thursday, and ten inches later they sent us home and told us not to bother coming in on Friday. Woo and then Hoo. Three and a half day weekend!!
We spent Thursday night staring out the window. Friday I shoveled the driveway for the first time in the four years I have lived here. Then we got all bundled up and took Jack out to play in the snow.

He did NOT enjoy it. --->

The snow was way too high for him, and he couldn't move in it.
He did have some fun splashing in the slush. He spent most of the time in the garage bawling.

Saturday we had a little pre-emptive Christmas party at our house with Jen's dad's side of the fam, though Jen's dad didn't show up. We had a really good time. Jack got a book. We had a shit-ton of food and some really good coffee. After that we just hung about the house. I watched The Island. It was pretty, but stupid. Just like a few of the girls I dated after high school. Sunday we went to the city and did some shopping with Jen's sister and her husband, ending the weekend by stuffing our faces with Mexican food. Last night Jack decided that three AM was breakfast time and I am really sleepy.
We have little going on at work, so I've been watching the whole of Red Dwarf on my computer. I love bittorrent.

That is all.

No comments: