Wednesday, February 07, 2007

SB 21 - I wish I were Yuri-G


I was listening to PJ Harvey, and decided to draw a pic of Yuri Gagarin. I haven't done a ball-point pen picture in a while anyway. I don't know if Gagarin is the Yuri G mentioned in the song of the same name, but the song mentions the moon a lot, and even though Gagarin never went to the moon, he was the first human in space, and was closer than anybody had been before. The song seems to mention a voodoo doll as well. I don't know what peej is on about most of the time, but she makes good music and is so delectably weird that I can't help but like her. So, um, yeah.
Well, Turner Broadcasting has agreed to pay Boston 2 million dollars. 1 mil to cover the cost of dealing with the "mooninite scare" and 1 mil as a good faith money. The sad thing is that the two guys who put up the LED boxes are still facing charges of terrorism. Stupid. It seems like the most they could reasonably throw at them would be a vandalism charge, which would only apply to the ones not placed on private property, so they should really just drop it. They won't though. I can foresee it.
Last week, Jen was in Vegas having an awesome time celebrating Robin's birthday and playing craps and doing all the fun stuff Vegas has to offer. Well, hopefully not all the stuff, like going to whore houses. She had a good time, and she wishes me to extend a thank you to all those who made it possible.
Her being in the desert meant that I had the boy all to myself for a whole week. I loved it. I loved being that responsible. I loved picking out his outfits and packing his little lunch and taking him to school. We got to do what ever we wanted in the evenings, and we played hard so I could wear him out so he would fall asleep easier. I was very glad to have Jen back, though. I had fun, but I couldn't keep that up on my own for very long.
Not much else going on. We are excited to see Cookie's photography show in Enid, and hope to go there this weekend. I fully plan on buying something. Maybe the one of my kid that I hear is in there.
That is all.

-JP

No comments: