Monday, June 12, 2006

Sketchbook #11



I'll have a new NGV5 page up later today I hope. This is our hero, Steve. He winds his way through the silly futuristic/Old West world that I have put him in. He's fun. I guess he just got shot here. Again. He should have that looked at.

It be Monday. I had a good weekend. Went to Tulsa's RFL for the American Cancer Society. It was nice for both of us to be there to just enjoy it, and not be running around the whole time putting out proverbial fires. We had a good time. Jack's cousin Lindsey was staying the weekend with Jen's parents, so they came to the relay as well. Lindsey dragged Jen into the Jupiter jump, and Jen's body has been telling her what a bad that was ever since.

Saturday it was 107 degrees. We tried to stay places that had air conditioning. We did not succeed. After the heat subsided. We went to Enid America to see Cody "Cookie" Dopps and his family at a pool party. I had a really yummy bratwurst. Jack made friends with Cookie's niece London. Cookie's family is down to earth and really friendly. We had an awesome time.

Yesterday we did nothing*. Grocery shopping, the Pita Pit, and some serious lounging. About 2:00, I got a wild hair up my ass to thin out some of my crap, so I went through all of my books, movies and CD, and took a big pile down to Hastings, and got about $100 worth of trade, that I spent all but ten bucks of right then.

And now it is Monday. Most people hate Monday morning, but I kinda like it. My boss doesn't show up till noon, so I usually surf the whole morning. There is usually a new Homestar, post secret, many a web comic, and the big thing is that somebody has usually posted the new Doctor Who that aired in England over the weekend. Yay!

update - The new page is up now.

No comments: