Monday, June 05, 2006

What Groo does best.



Here is the May calendar-->
Flash fans will see Bitey. If you haven's seen that movie, watch it and the rest of Adam Pilllips stuff, as he is really good at flash animation.
The old school nerds will see Groo. Somebody sent me a clip of the old Dungeons & Dragons cartoon on you tube, and I saw Mark Evanier's name in the opening credits, and was flooded with memories of Sergio Aragonez's Groo The Wanderer, for which Mr. Evanier was the script editor and answered the letters column. Groo was fun. The same five gags over and over again for close to 20 years, and the part of me that stayed 12 years old never got tired of it.
Also, I really am sick of pirates and ninjas. I see them everywhere these days. Every ironic hipster t-shirt has one or both on there, there is an "ask a ninja" meme going around, and pirate crap is all over the place thanks to Captain Jack Sparrow (I will go see that movie, though. It looks hawesome).
In other news, I crossed over to the dark side this weekend, and bought a PC laptop. The decision was purely an economical one. I just can't afford Mac stuff anymore. I've had macs my whole life, but they have gotten too pricey and too snotty. All the actual technology seems to be equal, just the interfaces that are different, so since I work at a place that uses PC, and I occasionally have to work on stuff at home, and they can provide me with software to do so, $700.00 all together seemed a little more manageable than $2400.00 without software. So there you have it.
I bought it during the first Saturday I've had all to my self in years. The grand-parents took Jackson to the zoo, and Jen had to sleep of a relay, so I was on my own. I went to the coffeeshop, I saw a movie in an actual theater, went to the book store, and generally fucked off. It was fun, but I sort of ran out of things to do, and went back early. I realized that if I'm not with my family or working on a project, I don't really do much. But I'm either with my family or working on a project about 99.00% of the time, so that's okay. I guess I tend to buy expensive things when left on my own anyway, so it's probably for the best.

That is all.

No comments: